August 5, 2019
July 2019 Impact Report
In July, members of our St. Louis community continued to show up and gave a total of $5,096.50! When the community comes together, that is when real change can occur.
Thanks for doing your part by giving with Givable!
A Few Nonprofits We Supported This Month
- GlobalHack's efforts to kickstart community-focused software projects and deliver accessible computer science education opportunities for kids in STL.
- Operation Food Search's mission to heal hunger by providing food and services to hungry families in the St. Louis community. For every $1 donated, 97 cents went directly to programs and services.
- St. Louis VAMC Fisher House honored veterans this 4th of July by providing "a home away from home" to the families and caregivers of our military men and women during their time of need.
New Givable Program - Nonprofit Connect
Nonprofit professionals are invited to join us on Tuesday, August 20th from 4-6pm at Covo Coworking — we will be pairing impactful networking and learning opportunities along with delicious food and beverages for the people who fuel our region's nonprofits. Complementary alcoholic beverages will be made available to attendees who are also Givable members. Learn more and sign up for Givable here.
Programming and Schedule:
More Aim High Summer Camp Kids Used Givable This Year
- Over 100 students at this summer's Aim High Summer Camp used Givable as a means to learn about the power of giving as well as about all of the nonprofits in St. Louis working to improve our community! This was an increase from approximately 30 students in 2018.
Help Us Tell the Givable Story
- The Givable community keeps growing and together, we are building a movement.
- Interested in sharing why you support Givable? Email Lindsay@cityblockstl.com to tell your story!
- Each week, when a patron of a partner restaurant signs up for Givable while dining, they receive a coupon for $8 off a future meal. As always, thanks to Stacked for being our inaugural partner!
- Have an idea for a business we can partner with to encourage more people to join our giving community? Email your ideas to email@example.com!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- HEALTH: Since 1949, Peregrine has enjoyed the support of hundreds of volunteers who help in a number of ways. Volunteers may help in transporting patients; perform various office tasks; help fund raise, and much more. Sign-up here!
- ARTS & CULTURE: Volunteers are an essential part of how Art Saint Louis fulfills its mission. If you're looking for great camaraderie and a rewarding volunteer experience. Sign-up to volunteer today!
- HUMAN SERVICES: Volunteers help I Love Ferguson to distribute signs and sell t-shirts. Volunteers also serve as advocates, work in the store and help at future events. Sign-up to give back to the community today!
- ANIMALS: Stray Rescue relies on volunteer assistance at their Center to help provide a high quality of life to our adoptable animals as they wait for a home. Sign-up to help Stray Rescue fulfill their mission!
- EDUCATION: Volunteers power FIRST Robotics at every level, impacting more than 400,000 young people around the world each year. Whatever your expertise, FIRST has a Volunteer opportunity for you. Sign-up today!
Know of other volunteer opportunities or events in the St. Louis community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Start Giving Today or Share with Your Friends and Family!
Stay in the know.
Sign up for alerts to be notified as Givable grows into cities near you.